You have exactly 1 day to upgrade your computer to Windows 10 for free!!!!!
What are the reasons you should upgrade your computer to Windows 10?
- It’s FREE!!!!!!
- If you have Windows 8 kiss the Start Screen only bye bye! You will get the Start Menu back AND the Start Screen!
- Cortana- Windows Virtual Assistant. She is Microsoft’s answer to Apple’s Siri and Google’s Okay Google.
- Direct X 12- If you are a gamer then you already know!
- Support for Windows 7 will be ending in January 2018
- Windows Updates for Windows 7 and 8 will only go until 2020 (which seems far away but in reality is only 4 years away!)
- You can have multiple desktops!
- The Windows App Store
How do you upgrade to Windows 10–Here’s a great link
Someone in our office brought up a very good point recently, what is the proper business etiquette for Skype or for chatting in general? So, I decided to do some research on this.
1. Ask the person first to make sure they are available. Look at the icon next to their name, and see what color it is. They could be busy or away from their desk. They may also be in a meeting and sharing their screen on a television. Keep that in mind before you say something that could get you in trouble!
2. If it’s a video chat, ask for permission first. Not everyone likes video chats.
3. If you are doing a video chat, be aware of your body language and your personal grooming. (ex: below)
4. Give that person your undivided attention. Do not read other emails, or surf the internet. It is also best to only hold one chat at a time as it is very easy to get confused to whom you are talking to.
5. Be aware of what the camera will be showing in the background of your video chat. Remove anything distracting or inappropriate! (ex: below)
6. Make sure your desk is clean if the camera is showing it.
7. Make sure you end the chat, just don’t click the X and escape. Make sure you tell the other person, you need to go and tell them bye. The same on the phone, for some reason many people think you can just hang up and it leaves the person wondering….”Were we done?”
Now you want to sync your OneNote with OneDrive so that you have access to this info anywhere you go! Open up One Note and click on the File Tab:
When you switch to the File Tab Menu, it will look like this:
Click on Settings, there is a drop down menu and Sync with the green circle and arrows. Select that button. It will sync up with your One Drive once that is set up. To set that up, 365Ninja Blog has excellent instructions accompanied by a video that you can find here: