Posted by Amy Ewald
Malware is everywhere these days! Just today I read an article that a Facebook post claiming that Fox News was reporting Brad Pitt dead was infecting computers when users clicked on it. For the record, Brad Pitt is alive and still getting divorced! You have to be vigilant at all times!!!!!! Here are some telltale signs that your computer may be infected with Malware.
- You open your internet browser and your homepage has changed to something else. (Now this can also happen if you install new software and don’t pay close attention to it changing your default browser settings) So, this one isn’t set in stone!
- Your computer is so slow you want to throw it off a building. Check your hard drive light if it looks like it’s continually blinking or just on steadily, not a great sign!
- Annoying pop-ups! Usually, they say something like this. (if you get this, just turn the computer off immediately from the power button!) If something is getting installed it “usually” stops it.
- Your computer is constantly crashing. You know the dreaded Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) or in Windows 10, it’s a bit less scary looking but never a sight you want to see.
- You can’t run some programs. You suspect something is wrong, but you can’t use your anti-virus or anti-malware program.
- You get warning messages stating your files are locked until you pay a ransom. RANSOMWARE!!!! This is a common ransomware screen.
- Programs you know you didn’t install are now showing up on your desktop.
- Suddenly you are running out of disk space!
- Your friends start emailing you that you are sending them spam!
- Your friends start yelling at you for posting weird stuff to social media sites.
- You start receiving a lot of bounced emails, b/c your too busy spamming your friends and everyone else in your address book!
- The worst one of all, ABSOLUTELY nothing! Some are so stealth you don’t notice a thing! It’s always important to have your anti-virus programs up to date and using a program like Malwarebytes is always recommended. Malwarebytes has a free version for home users. Why not try it! www.malwarebytes.org
Posted in Uncategorized
Tags: Angalina Jolie, Annoying pop ups, Anti-Virus won't run, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Blue Screen of Death, Brad Pitt, BSOD, Cryptowall, CTB-Locker, Cylance, dark web, Email, Facebook, FBI locked my computer, Fox News, hacked, Internet, Locky, Malware, malwarebytes, Microsoft, Netgear, Office 2013, Office365, OneNote, Outlook, Panda, Passwords, Ransom, Ransomware, Sophos, Spam, tech, Teslacrypt, Toolbar, twitter, Windows, Windows Updates, ZoneAlarm