You have exactly 1 day to upgrade your computer to Windows 10 for free!!!!!
What are the reasons you should upgrade your computer to Windows 10?
- It’s FREE!!!!!!
- If you have Windows 8 kiss the Start Screen only bye bye! You will get the Start Menu back AND the Start Screen!
- Cortana- Windows Virtual Assistant. She is Microsoft’s answer to Apple’s Siri and Google’s Okay Google.
- Direct X 12- If you are a gamer then you already know!
- Support for Windows 7 will be ending in January 2018
- Windows Updates for Windows 7 and 8 will only go until 2020 (which seems far away but in reality is only 4 years away!)
- You can have multiple desktops!
- The Windows App Store
How do you upgrade to Windows 10–Here’s a great link
Someone in our office brought up a very good point recently, what is the proper business etiquette for Skype or for chatting in general? So, I decided to do some research on this.
1. Ask the person first to make sure they are available. Look at the icon next to their name, and see what color it is. They could be busy or away from their desk. They may also be in a meeting and sharing their screen on a television. Keep that in mind before you say something that could get you in trouble!
2. If it’s a video chat, ask for permission first. Not everyone likes video chats.
3. If you are doing a video chat, be aware of your body language and your personal grooming. (ex: below)
4. Give that person your undivided attention. Do not read other emails, or surf the internet. It is also best to only hold one chat at a time as it is very easy to get confused to whom you are talking to.
5. Be aware of what the camera will be showing in the background of your video chat. Remove anything distracting or inappropriate! (ex: below)
6. Make sure your desk is clean if the camera is showing it.
7. Make sure you end the chat, just don’t click the X and escape. Make sure you tell the other person, you need to go and tell them bye. The same on the phone, for some reason many people think you can just hang up and it leaves the person wondering….”Were we done?”
The next couple of weeks I’m going to be writing about Microsoft One Note, it is a competitor to Evernote. Some things it does better than Evernote, and other things Evernote does better.
For instance, you can sync all your notes to your One Drive with One Note with an Office 365 subscription and have 1 Terabyte of storage space! Evernote you have to pay for more space. One Note can do Screen Clippings, Web Clippings, hold notes from meetings, it allows you to draw or physically write with a stylus notes and much more.
Today we will be learning about Screen Clippings.
This is the icon you will need to open:
When you open up One Note it opens up another little icon that you will find on your start menu toolbar . Click on this icon and it will bring up this menu:
As you can see, the left button says Screen Clipping. If you click on this, it will allow you to pick an area of your screen to clip. See the video below that shows you what happens when you click Screen Clippings and saving it to One Note.