You need to change your password in Windows 10. How do you do that? Simply hit the keys on your keyboard: Control-Alt-Delete and this screen will come up. See the 4th choice down “Change a Password” this will change the Windows 10/Network Password.
Your password should be at least 8 characters, a capital letter, a small letter, a number and a symbol.
After you change your password eventually you will need to change your Office365 password. Outlook will stop sending and receiving email. The best way to be able to tell this is by the photo below.
If this happens, go up to the top ribbon bar and select the Send and Receive tab. You should see this symbol, where it says: Type Exchange Password and Connect.
When you click on this icon it should bring up this screen.
Type in your new password and make sure to click Remember my credentials otherwise it will ask you this about every 5 minutes. Annoying!
Remember if you have PipeLiner on your computer you will need to update your Pipeliner password as well. Here is a link on how to do that in case you have forgotten.
Someone in our office brought up a very good point recently, what is the proper business etiquette for Skype or for chatting in general? So, I decided to do some research on this.
1. Ask the person first to make sure they are available. Look at the icon next to their name, and see what color it is. They could be busy or away from their desk. They may also be in a meeting and sharing their screen on a television. Keep that in mind before you say something that could get you in trouble!
2. If it’s a video chat, ask for permission first. Not everyone likes video chats.
3. If you are doing a video chat, be aware of your body language and your personal grooming. (ex: below)
4. Give that person your undivided attention. Do not read other emails, or surf the internet. It is also best to only hold one chat at a time as it is very easy to get confused to whom you are talking to.
5. Be aware of what the camera will be showing in the background of your video chat. Remove anything distracting or inappropriate! (ex: below)
6. Make sure your desk is clean if the camera is showing it.
7. Make sure you end the chat, just don’t click the X and escape. Make sure you tell the other person, you need to go and tell them bye. The same on the phone, for some reason many people think you can just hang up and it leaves the person wondering….”Were we done?”
It’s very easy to set up signatures in Office 365. Here’s how you do it!
Go into Outlook, and select the File tab as shown below:
On the left hand side of the screen select Options.
That will bring up this screen. Select Mail, and then look for a button called Signatures… and click on it.
That will bring up this screen. Under Email Signature, select the button “New” or Alt & N. It will ask you what you want to call the new signature.
Give you signature a name and click the OK button.
I’ve named mine, Test. Choose your default signature E-mail account, whether or not you want it on new messages or replies and forwards. Then edit the signature at the bottom. When you are done, go under Select Signature to edit and click Save. Then when you’ve saved it. Click the OK button at the bottom and you are set!