I know many people will pass this article up because they will think how in this day in age, can someone still not know how to do it. Yet, this is one of my most frequently asked questions! You are NOT alone!
In Windows 10 once you are logged in. Hold down the keys on your keyboard labeled Ctrl and then Alt and then Delete. That will bring you to this screen-Select Change Password.
This is also where you should go if you are getting up from your desk and need to lock your computer so no one else can get into your system!!!!! It’s a very important security measure!
Next selecting Change a Password will bring up this screen:
Make sure your password is complex!!!!! Some complexity rules to follow are:
1. The longer the better! At a minimum make it 8 characters, however, it SHOULD be longer!
Someone in our office brought up a very good point recently, what is the proper business etiquette for Skype or for chatting in general? So, I decided to do some research on this.
1. Ask the person first to make sure they are available. Look at the icon next to their name, and see what color it is. They could be busy or away from their desk. They may also be in a meeting and sharing their screen on a television. Keep that in mind before you say something that could get you in trouble!
2. If it’s a video chat, ask for permission first. Not everyone likes video chats.
3. If you are doing a video chat, be aware of your body language and your personal grooming. (ex: below)
4. Give that person your undivided attention. Do not read other emails, or surf the internet. It is also best to only hold one chat at a time as it is very easy to get confused to whom you are talking to.
5. Be aware of what the camera will be showing in the background of your video chat. Remove anything distracting or inappropriate! (ex: below)
6. Make sure your desk is clean if the camera is showing it.
7. Make sure you end the chat, just don’t click the X and escape. Make sure you tell the other person, you need to go and tell them bye. The same on the phone, for some reason many people think you can just hang up and it leaves the person wondering….”Were we done?”